As a small business owner or manager, you probably have a few new things you’d like to implement in 2017—maybe it’s spending more time at home and less at the office, or perhaps it’s getting more leads. Whatever it may be, remember not to neglect your online marketing this year, especially if it’s been a while since you’ve had it tuned up.
Here are a few places to start if you’re looking to make the most out of your digital presence this year:
- Better Social. By now you know that without a social media presence, you are missing out on a huge potential chunk of customers. But even if your business is on Facebook, Instagram, Google+ or Twitter, it won’t do you much good if you aren’t using them correctly. Resolve to post rich, useful content, to know your audience and target them effectively, and to have fun with it!
- Higher Search Rankings. Have you taken a look at where your business ranks if you search (Your Industry + Your Town) on Google? For small, local businesses, the ease with which people find your business online could make or break your success this year. How do you improve your ranking? There’s a lot that goes into improving SEO, but the biggest commitment is the time required to stay on top of the latest strategies and then implement them—support from an SEO agency can make a huge difference.
- More Blogs with Richer Content. With blogs, it’s about both quality and quantity—you need to publish regularly and the content needs to be good. Stellar small business blogs have timely topics, thoroughly researched keywords, search-friendly formatting and beautiful visual aids.
- Refreshed Website. Is there a more perfect time to launch a brand new version of your site than a brand new year? Google gives preference to responsive websites in search results, and customers are more likely to convert if the design is user-friendly. The right contact form will encourage folks to fill it out. There’s no better way to showcase a new you than with a new website.
- 5-Star Reviews. In a time of scams and untrustworthy service, it’s increasingly important to establish a good reputation with reviews from past customers. Do you follow up with satisfied customers after you’ve completed work for them? Do you have an email template that asks for recent customers’ feedback and prompts them to leave a review? If not, it’s time to set one up!
If you’re overwhelmed by this information, we don’t blame you. You’ve got a full plate already with managing a small business, and it’s easy to let digital marketing take a backseat to other tasks. However, investing in your online presence can lead to great results, and a results-driven agency like ours can help you get there!